Sep 26, 2011

Rock Rizal @ MOA part 2



              This is the 2nd part of the Rock Rizal Concert 2011. On my first post, which you can find here, I posted a video of Ely Buendia singing Huling El Bimbo. And as promised I already uploaded on my youtube channel the other 2 videos I shot. Anyway this is Gloc-9 featuring Jaq Dionisio with Elmer:
                This is actually the first time I watched Gloc-9 performed live. I’ve wanted to see him perform ever since the release of Bagsakan with Parokya ni Edgar and the late Francis M. I was so close to seeing him during the Rizal @ 150 concert at Luneta last June 19, but due to bad weather, I was forced to go back home instead. Then when Rock Ed Philippines and National Historical Commission of the Philippines released the Rock Rizal Album earlier this month, I downloaded it all and wished they will conduct a concert. And then after a week, they’ve announced that they will be having a FREE Concert. And then, the rest is history, including this next performance. This is an impromptu performance as you can hear Ely uttering at the end “sabi sa inyo walang practice eh” (I told you we didn’t practice at all)
                That performance completed my night. It’s also the first time I watched Pepe Smith performed live. Just barely 2 weeks ago (1 week before the concert), I missed the chance to take a photo of Pepe Smith at the Rogue 4th Anniversary party at the Republiq in Resorts World Manila. He arrived late at exactly the time I was leaving the venue. But when I saw this free concert on my FB news feed, I crossed my fingers and looked forward to see Pepe Smith as I knew he was the drummer of Ely Buendia’s contribution to the Rock Rizal Album, the Bungo sa Bangin. But to everybody's surprise, Mar Dizon, the country's leading jazz drummer and a member of the Side A band joined Ely and Pepe for the above number. Three legends in one song. Speaking of legends, I also have this opportunity of having beside one of the country’s leading documentarist during the concert, no other than Mr. Howie Severino.
            A night to remember indeed. Rock and Roll for the new generation - The Rock Rizal Concert 2011. And I know that's only the beginning. You can bring Rock Rizal to your town/schools; contact Rock Ed Philippines for more details.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Astig to pre!!! Di pa ko nakaattend ng ganyan.


    GOOD FOOD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Astig talaga... di ko prin makalimutan ung jamming ng mga legends...

    ReplyDelete